Just a quickie note to all of you that we are three short days away from the close of registration for the Spring group Sugar Control Detox. We have a phenomenal group of participants lining up, and all that’s missing is YOU!
We’ve been getting lots of great questions about the detox, and so put this video together to answer those we’ve been asked most frequently. This will provide a little more clarity to those of you who may be on the fence…
If you have a question we didn’t answer, …
Written by Margaret Floyd on 24/05/13 am31 07:29 AM
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that I’m kinda down on sugar. Yes, it’s true. The “devil in white” isn’t doing us any favors mentally, emotionally, or physically.
And you also may know that I’m a big believer in everything in moderation. I practice the 80:20 rule: 80% of the time you want to be clean in your eating; enjoy yourself the other 20%. There is no such thing as “perfect” and heck, I enjoy a sweet treat just …
Written by Margaret Floyd on 22/05/13 am31 09:47 AM
“I have no willpower.”
“I’m my own worst enemy.”
“I was so good all day, & then I gave in.”
“If it’s me versus the cookie, the cookie always wins.”
When it comes to conversations about sugar, these are the kind of statements I hear all the time. Our relationship to the sweet stuff is problematic, to say the least. It’s a battle, and often a losing one.
As you’ll know if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, I’m a big believer in listening to the body’s intuition and messages. The body knows, …
Written by Margaret Floyd on 15/05/13 am31 09:19 AM
There’s a big ol’ myth out there that stubbornly refuses to die. It goes something like this: eating fat makes you fat.
From a basic caloric standpoint, this appears to make sense. Fat contains 9 calories per gram, whereas carbohydrates and proteins contain 4 calories per gram. If calories were the only thing to consider, it would stand to reason that if you eat fat, you’re going to gain weight because of the higher caloric load.
Well, first off – let’s clear up the calorie myth. If you haven’t done so already, …
Written by Margaret Floyd on 08/05/13 am31 09:28 AM
If I told you that you could choose between a handful of carrot sticks and two non-fat chocolate chip cookies, that each has the same number of calories and would have the exact same impact on your waistline, which would you choose?
C’mon, be honest. We’d all pick the cookies.
And if we listened to a lot of the messages out there about weight, then that would be the logical choice. After all, isn’t it all about calories-in calories-out, regardless of where those calories came from?
The problem is, calories are just one …
Written by Margaret Floyd on 01/05/13 am31 07:27 AM