Holiday Pumpkin Smoothie
Some mornings I awake from sleep craving a smoothie instead of a hearty breakfast. I may still have eggs and vegetables an hour or two later, but there’s no denying my body’s request for the easily digestible, cooling smoothie.
The great thing about making any food from scratch, particularly a smoothie, is you get to control the quality and amount of ingredients. Many smoothie recipes are packed with excess sugar. This one is intentionally mild, so we’re not starting off your morning with a sugar rush. Here’s a winter recipe for all you pumpkin pie lovers. Drink up!
Yields: three 8oz servings
- 1 cup unsweetened organic pumpkin puree (from can or 1 cup of precooked winter squash)
- 1/2 cup whole coconut milk
- 1 cup raw milk (if you don’t have access to quality unpasteurized milk, then replace with another 1/2 cup whole coconut milk and 1/2 cup water)
- 1 raw egg (omit if you don’t have access to quality pastured eggs)
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (ideally grade B, even better grade C, or just use whatever grade you have)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground clove
- 1/8 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only ever recommend or link to a product I have direct experience with and love!
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.