Paleo Curried Beef Stew, Slow-Cooker Style
As winter sets in, it’s time to pull out the slow-cooker or stew pot and make some deeply nourishing meals. I’ve recently fallen in love with the slow-cooker style of meal preparation: throw everything into the cooker in the morning, set the time, and come dinner, the most delicious meal awaits. Not to mention the beautiful smells wafting from the kitchen throughout the day. Yes, please.
Here’s a meal we made on Sunday night that was so yummy and easy I just had to share it. If you skip the rice (we always do), this is a grain-free Paleo and GAPS-friendly meal.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 large onion, rough chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, rough chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (buy here)
- 2 tsp curry powder (buy here)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (buy here)
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper (buy here)
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt (buy here)
- 3 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1.5 lbs grass fed stewing beef, chopped into 1” cubes (find your local grass-fed beef farmer here)
- 1 can coconut milk (like this)
- 2 zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 stalks kale, stemmed and rough chopped
Chop onion, cauliflower, and garlic and put in slow cooker. Sprinkle turmeric, curry powder, cumin, pepper, sea salt, and dates over top of vegetables.
Add chopped beef and pour coconut milk over everything.
Set your slow cooker to 8 hours (or 4-hours if using the VitaClay Multi-Cooker). About 30 minutes before serving (your slow cooker may be in “warming” mode) , add zucchini and mushrooms and stir in. Immediately before serving add kale and stir in well. The residual heat from the stew will cook it just enough to be digestible without overcooking.
Enjoy as is, or over rice. Super yum!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only ever recommend or link to a product I have direct experience with and love!
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.