One on One Nutritional Counseling
Feeling overwhelmed by all the mixed messages out there about food? Frustrated and just wanting to figure out what works for you? We know how you feel. It seems for every piece of nutritional advice you hear, there’s someone who will argue the opposite. Who to believe?
We will guide you through the maze of conflicting information about what and how to eat, and help you determine what’s right for your body’s unique needs.
Our bodies are communicating with us all the time. Our job is to listen, identify what it’s asking for, and respond appropriately. If you’re feeling discouraged about nagging health issues that just won’t go away no matter what you do, we’ll get to the root of what’s going on and set you up for true healing.
We don’t just give you a “diet” – we help you integrate a myriad of changes into your life in a way that’s doable and sustainable for you. It’s not a quick fix; it’s real, lasting change along with tools you can use indefinitely.
- Digestion. You may be eating a pristine diet, but if your body can’t break it down and use it properly, you’re not getting the benefit.
- Blood sugar issues. Let’s end those sugar cravings once and for all, and get your energy back!
- Preconception / prenatal / and breast-feeding mamas. There’s never a more important time to nourish yourself and your little one.
- Addiction recovery. You’ve kicked the habit, congratulations! Don’t just trade in one substance for another. Now is the time to support your body fully as you nurture yourself back to health and vitality
- Young adults. You’ve got so many things transitioning, let’s create some powerful nutrition and lifestyle foundations for a lifetime of success.
- Sports nutrition. We’ll get you to peak performance with real, whole foods. No potions or lotions here.
- Sustainable weight loss. Yes, there IS such a thing. No more yo-yo-ing. We’ll help you lose the weight and keep it off.
If you’re sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, you’ve come to the right place. Together we’ll unravel the complexity around food, listen to your body’s signals, and give it what it needs to heal itself, shed those unwanted pounds, and truly thrive.
“I came to Eat Naked because of my stomach and digestion issues, mostly consisting of acid reflux. I had been using acid blockers for almost 20 years with no fix or end in site.
My first goal of stopping the use of acid blockers while managing my stomach discomfort was completely met within 2 months of working with Lisa. In much broader terms – and more importantly – I have now completely redefined my relationship with food.
I see the connection between understanding what I am about to eat and bringing joy into the experience without fear of consequences. I am now even interested in cooking! BIG CHANGE in my life!! Thank you Lisa and the Eat Naked team ”
- Carlos P.
One-on-one counseling with Lisa Thompson, NTP
Lisa joined the Eat Naked team in May of 2012 and currently leads the nutritional counseling practice. Formerly a dancer and choreographer, then a certified Pilates instructor and certified yoga instructor, she is now a passionate force in guiding true healing through nutrition and lifestyle change. Lisa works one-on-one with Eat Naked’s clients in Los Angeles and throughout North America and Europe. If you’re not able to see her in person at our West Hollywood office, you can work with her via Skype or phone from anywhere in the world.
“Lisa, your advice has helped considerably! I’m feeling much better now. I only wish I had asked earlier, but I thought it may have been just part of the adjustment. In any case, it’s definitely helped. How can I get word to the powers that be that your advice worked so well?”
– Sheila M.
“I learned something brand new that no one else had ever explained to me; and I had never read it in all of my exhaustive studying on the subject of nutrition, healthy eating and lifestyle, and even weight loss resistance. You are the sole trusted expert who listened to me, actually heard the essence of what I was saying, and offered me a simple, succinct yet profound and targeted answer that I could easily and quickly implement. I love that you are so knowledgeable and not biased. So many nutrition experts believe there is only one right way, and all other approaches are wrong. You gave me a holistic, rather than a reductionist, overview which makes sense to me.”
– Phyllis Z
One-on-one counseling with Margaret Floyd, NTP CGP CHFS
Margaret is the founder and creator of the Eat Naked nutritional therapy practice. She works closely with Lisa to ensure all clients are getting top-quality support and she helps troubleshoot difficult cases. In addition to her certification as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP), she is also a Certified GAPS Practitioner, a Certified Healing Foods Specialist, and has trained in the psychology of eating. Margaret sees clients on a limited basis. Please contact us to determine her availability for an appointment.
The Eat Naked approach
As Nutritional Therapy Practitioners (NTPs), we work with several basic premises:
- Eating should be a fun, pleasurable experience, and above all, what you eat should be tasty. Tasty doesn’t have to mean it’s bad for you; tasty can be healthy and nutritious. Let’s re-define tasty together. Eating naked is most definitely tasty.
- Eating is about nourishment, not deprivation. How you eat should be the same, even when you’re shedding pounds or addressing a health concern; in fact, especially in these instances. Eating naked is extremely nourishing.
- We are what we eat, so let’s choose wisely, keeping it simple and go back to the basics.
- We are also more than what we eat. We are whole people - nourished by much more than just the food we put in our mouths. Together we’ll look at the bigger context of your life – your “primary foods” – those things that nourish you apart from food, such as your relationships, career, physical activity and spirituality. We’ll explore how these primary foods influence choices you’re making around what you choose to eat.
- Every one of us is unique, so no one diet works for everyone. We’ll customize a naked diet that works for you specifically, and develop a food plan around your body’s bio-individuality.
Let’s get started! Contact us to book
a health consultation today.
Got questions? Here are some of the ones we get asked most often:
What’s involved in the initial health consultation and how much does it cost?
The initial health consultation takes about an hour, during which time we’ll do a comprehensive review of your health history, your current health challenges, and your most pressing health goals. We’ll review a week-long food journal and identify those initial changes you can make now that will have the greatest impact on your health. We’ll also develop a custom plan for how we would recommend bringing your body back into balance so that it can heal and you can achieve your health goals. The initial consultation costs $150.
What happens after the initial consultation?
After the initial consultation, you have the option of working in a 3- or 6-month package of two 50-minute sessions per month at a discounted rate (rates vary depending on package options). We will customize a program for you that will take you from where you are now to bringing your health goals to life. We come equipped with loads of assessment tools, resources, handouts, great recipes, cooking tips, and a real, passionate desire to see you succeed in making the change you want in your life. We’ll troubleshoot and course-correct along the way, finding the strategies and habits that really work for you given the context and realities of your life.
How long does it take to see results?
Here’s the truth: true, deep healing takes time. That’s just a fact. There is no such thing as a quick fix, and if someone is promising you one, proceed with caution. That said, relief often begins immediately upon implementing our recommendations, and we have many strategies and tools for making the process as comfortable as possible. In terms of achieving your goals, it depends entirely on your body. Every person and every situation is unique. It may take weeks, months, or – in extreme cases – years. Here’s what we know for sure: your body CAN heal with the right support.
Do you work with supplements?
Our first strategy is always to ensure you are eating a diet that is rich in real, nutrient-dense, unprocessed foods. For some people this is enough to correct imbalances, but for others, additional nutritional support is necessary. We use a combination of tools to identify what imbalances and deficiencies you are experiencing, and prioritize your supplement protocol so that we’re supporting your body as efficiently as possible. We also recognize that as your body heals, its needs will change; we will adjust and reduce your supplement protocol accordingly.
What if I don’t live in LA?
We work with clients via Skype or phone from all over the world! It doesn’t matter where you live. As long as we can find a time that works in your time zone within our office hours, we can make it happen. Technology is a beautiful thing.
Can I work one-on-one with Margaret?
Margaret is seeing clients on an as-needed basis, but has very limited availability. She does not work in packages, but works on an individual basis at $225/hour. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, please contact us to determine her next availability.