One of my all-time favorite styles of lunch is to have an antipasto style salad. Yum. A delightful realization on this 30-day raw challenge is that a raw plate of such delights is a delicious and easy way to have a raw lunch.
Here’s what I had the other day:
- two pieces of smoked salmon (smoked is still raw, and I’m using not heated over 117˚F as my definition of raw… there are purists out there who would say raw is RAW – as in, pretty much nothing done to it, but that’s going over the top for me) sprinkled with dill
- a few raw sea crackers (recipe in our Naked Foods Cookbook, using the dehydrator instead of the oven to set the crackers)
- some raw cheese – this is some Roquefort and Appenzeller
- an heirloom tomato, sliced with some fresh basil sprinkled on top
- ¼ avocado with some olives
- some sliced raw veggies: a carrot, some yellow pepper, and a radish
I drizzled cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil and squeezed some fresh lemon over the whole thing and called it lunch!
Simple and utterly delicious!
What’s your favorite raw lunch?
Like what you're reading? Don't miss out . . .
Enter your info to be the first to know when we publish new insights, articles and recipes.
Plus, we'll send you our exclusive Kitchen Essentials List as a welcome gift (because a well-stocked kitchen is the most reliable short-cut to healthy, delicious eating).